Saturday, September 29, 2012

Working Again

It was a slow start to the year, but the sub jobs are starting to come in now. I've worked 3 times in the past week and a half. Kindergarten, Vocal Music (yeah!) and 3rd Grade.

It's amazing to me how naturally I fit into the classroom again. I was so beaten down by the end of last year, I was seriously questioning if that was where I really belonged. But now...being in a school with really sweet kids whose parents are involved in their lives...enjoying small class sizes...students who come to school and WANT to learn...I find I've been having a lot of fun. In fact, yesterday, I felt a little guilty for earning money! It didn't seem like work at all, and in fact, was a welcome break from all the work that's gone into next week's big conference.

I think this is exactly the perk I needed to remind me that I really am meant to teach. I just needed a change of scenery to find my perspective again.

1 comment:

Garey and Janiece said...

Here's to changing scenery and new beginnings. So we let go of the past and press on toward the goal set before us.