Thursday, September 27, 2012

Close to God's Heart

With my new season of life, I've been blessed with the opportunity to build relationships. I prayed many times last spring that God would show me the way to pay it forward...to give to others the kind of help and encouragement I received in my own time of crisis.

My friends, Paula and Amos, were in an ATV accident in early August. Paula sustained major injuries to her right arm...by the grace of God, she was able to keep it. Paula and Amos have 3 darling boys, 5 years and under. I'm sure if you've read this far, you know that this is a family that could use some serious prayer intervention.

I've been spending one day each week with Paula, driving her around and playing with her little ones. And the time I've spent with her leaves me in awe of her faith. She's been through so much, but is still looking for God in everything. Through laughter, tears, and a lot of medicine, I've seen her get a little better each week.

There's something about Paula's home that makes me feel welcome and loved. Everywhere I turn, I see a framed Bible verse. Constant reminders to choose joy. Even in the pain. I feel that I should be ministering to her, but instead, I'm finding a little more healing for my soul each time we're together.

I'm looking forward to seeing God in her journey (and mine!) and developing a closer friendship along the way.

If you want to read more about her progress, you can follow her blog, Close to God's Heart.

No comments: