Saturday, September 29, 2012

What a Friend

I'm mourning the loss of a friend tonight. She's still alive...just for some reason has chosen to no longer be my friend. I've tried multiple ways to make things right (not that I have any idea what I've done.) Today, I was yelled at while she walked away. I guess I've done my part, so long as it depends on me, to live at peace.

It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, though. I've had so much loss this year. She was actually a friend who helped me through it. This stings. Especially after some toxic words that were shared with me a year ago by someone else, to the gist of "by the time this conference comes around, you'll have no friends left."

So while driving home today, trying to give this one up to God...because it's obviously out of my hands...these words came to my mind:

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.


Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.


Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.


Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.


And so I'm clinging to the Friend who will never leave me.

I'm still praying for restoration, and should that day come, I will welcome her with open arms. But for now, I have to learn to let go. Again.

1 comment:

Garey and Janiece said...

Praying for you and for the conference