Thursday, September 13, 2012

Waiting and Trusting

Well, we're almost halfway through September now. I haven't picked up any new piano students, and I have yet to receive a call to sub. That means I am contributing nothing, nil, nada to the family income.

It's an interesting place to be. Complete trust and surrender. We are convinced that it was God's will for me to not be teaching full-time this year. The changes in my heart and home confirm that. But we're still a little short, according to the numbers. It's a good thing that God is bigger than the numbers. You see...I can't work unless I'm called. I don't know that God could tell me any more plainly that He's got it all under control. If I'm not called, I have a day to rest in Him.

Still...as I'm feeding my family for a whopping $33 this week, using homemade laundry detergent and eating homemade pizza sauce made from tomatoes left on my doorstep...I'm very aware of just how careful we have to be with every cent. I'm also seeing just how faithful God is to supply all of our needs.

I love this familiar passage in the New Living Translation:

And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So don't worry about these things, saying "What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?" These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Matt. 6:30-32

Thank you for the reminder, Lord!

No comments: