Monday, January 10, 2011

Sounds from the Basement

It's a rite of passage. Dayna is having her first playdate with a friend she made on her own. She and Alese have become quick friends at school this year, and have been begging parents/grandparents/whoever may have influence to be able to have a playdate.

Late last night, we got the call that there was no school for me or Dayna today. So I called Alese's mom and set everything up.

The giggles are infectious, and truly bring a smile to my face.

As much as I'd love to have people over more often, I just don't feel that my home can accommodate entertaining well. I know...it's just an excuse, and I need to be hospitable with what I've been given.

And so, this is the first of what I hope becomes many playdates where Dayna can have her friends into our home, and somehow, we can extend the love of God to another family.

Oh, if only I could find a way to share with you the sounds from the basement...

2 comments:

Kari C. said...

video! :) so glad you guys are enjoying your snowday!(well, I hope you are too)!

A Brothers said...

That is really fun, isn't it? I'm so glad Dayna has found such a good friend at school. I remember Harrison and his best buddies playing and laughing for hours and hours together. It is my favorite sound in the world! Enjoy your day off and all the sweet giggles.