Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I'm coming off a wonderful weekend. I honestly don't know that I could have scripted it any better. Friday was my birthday. My students were delightful and I really enjoyed being with them. When I came home, Dan and Dayna had made me strawberry cream cheese cupcakes. I opened some very thoughtful gifts from friends and family, then the three of us went out to dinner.

On Saturday, some friends came over and we just visited, snacked and played games. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and just enjoying each other. (An added bonus was that Dan and Dayna spent the morning cleaning the house while I was gone...and it's STILL CLEAN!!!)

We had previously made arrangements for Dayna to have a playdate with a friend after church on Sunday so Dan & I could go see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." When we went to pick her up, we all started to visit. Before we knew it, it was dinner time. So we were invited to stay. After dinner, the games came out. We didn't get home until after Dayna's bedtime, but it was another unexpected day of friendship and fun.

The icing on the cupcakes was when I had no school on Monday, but Dayna and Dan both had school and work. I had an uninterrupted day of scrapbooking.

It was a blissful, restful weekend, and I was ready to go back to school today feeling completely refreshed (despite my advancement in age...)

No comments: