Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh! Happy Day!

I spent the weekend mourning the loss of my friend. It's been a very bleak 48 hours. This morning, I decided to spend some quiet moments at the cemetery. I was too emotionally spent to visit the graveside after the funeral on Friday.

Imagine my surprise when the grave was unearthed. There was no stone. In fact, the grave was empty!!!!! Initially I thought, "Who could have taken my friend? What a horrible joke!"

But then I remembered something my friend told me, not too long ago. He said that he would be killed, but three days later he would be alive again. I wondered...could it be true!?!

And then he called my name. Ever so gently. With tears in my eyes, I looked into the face of my friend. The very one whose blood was shed so my sins (remember? The ones I gloss over and call my "flaws?") could be forgiven. Washed away. Forever.

I have no reason to grieve my friend. He will be alive forever. Even now, as I see him no more, I know that he is waiting for me, preparing a beautiful room, just for me. He's making everything just right, perfect, for the day we'll be together again.

You know....he's a friend I will never forget. I can't. He lives with me each day. His name is Jesus.

Do you know Him?

No comments: