Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mixed Feelings

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...crazy busy April!

Well, I got an email from HR last week, asking me to come in for a 15 minute appointment. It really could have gone one of two ways: 1. you have no job; or 2. do you want to go full-time?

After a lot of prayer, Dan & I knew that I would need to accept a full-time offer. The meeting was a little strange...a lot of smiles and pleasant exchanges. Once we were in the little "interview" room, I was asked to confirm that I got the letter (was it a layoff? was it not? we may never know.) I said that I did. At that point, the HR representative told me, "We just want to make sure you are aware that your part-time position WILL be full-time next year."

Kind of a strange way of putting it, I think...not "do you want a full-time job if it's available?" But "you WILL be full time." So, I'm thrilled to know I still have a job, but I'm really not looking forward to being full-time outside the home. I may or may not keep my current building. Either way, I will be starting over (again! 9 schools in 11 years) somewhere.

So now, we need prayers for adjusting to our new routines. Dan will have to become the hands-on parent and homemaker, keeping laundry and cooking under control. Somehow, I need to reconcile myself with that fact, as I feel those should be my responsibilities. I will need to navigate the stress of full-time employment and a long commute. I think I just need prayers.

Don't we all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life seems to really throw things at us sometimes. Just rememeber that God sees the big picture and is in control. Praying that you and your family will find balance.

Garey and Janiece said...

Do you want guidance from someone who's been there? If so, call me.

alainaw30 said...

Of course, Mom! That's why you're my mom :)