Monday, January 19, 2009

Ice Skating

I'm a homebody. If I have a day to stay home (especially in the winter), I prefer to do just that. Last week was a pretty tiring week (I turned a year older, the weather turned incredibly cold, I was just plain tired.)

We had planned on going to Norfolk to see what we could do to help out my mom and aunt with my grandmother's things, but received a call Friday morning that it would be unnecessary. I admit, I was a bit relieved to know that I had Saturday to sit in the house and just be lazy...catching up on a bit of sleep, and snuggling down in some sweats and under a ton of blankets on the couch.

Wouldn't you know it, I got a full night's sleep on Friday and woke up completely refreshed on Saturday. Our cold snap broke (we had wind chills in the -20s and -30s last week), and Saturday stretched before me with no pressing obligations. In my refreshed and recharged state, I suggested we take a little family outing to the state park a few miles from our house. We introduced Dayna to ice skating. What fun we had, and what a trooper she was while wobbling and bobbling around the ice.

When our ice skating adventure was over, we spent some time at the huge indoor playground. What a fun spontaneous afternoon. I think cuddling on the couch under a ton of blankets is overrated, anyway!

1 comment:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I wish I could skate! Stupid, wimpy ankles~