Friday, August 31, 2012

Are These My Choices?

I don't think I recall a time when our nation was more divided and hateful toward different opinions than it is now. I look at our current list of candidates for the highest position in the land and ask myself...are these the best choices the two main parties could have named? It seems the candidates are so polarizing. There was a Presidential election many years back where I abstained from voting, because I just couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. That's how I'm feeling again right now. I don't want to settle for the "lesser of two evils", but I really don't see the problems in our country getting any better with either candidate. We'll still be a country divided with people not willing to find the middle ground.

I know how I'll probably vote. I'm just not sure I'm very happy about it.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Not to be overly dramatic... but this has been literally keeping me awake at night.