Monday, March 29, 2010

Children Learn What They See...

...and not what they are told.

Dayna and I are taking some time to "sparkle" up the house (i.e. spring clean, one room at a time.) We've been tackling the master bedroom pretty hard today, including cleaning the wood floors and collecting tons of dust bunnies. I've vacuumed the decorative wreath hanging on the wall, moved furniture, scrubbed and tossed and organized...this has been going on for 3 hours (I'm about halfway done...)

Midway through the morning, Dayna decided to take a break (I was unaware of this temporary cessation of work) and started rummaging through the house for a "notebook." I had no idea what she was up to, but when I found her a few minutes later taking it easy on the couch, I couldn't help but ask.

"I'm doing Bible Study."

She was so intense in her study, that I couldn't help but snap a few pictures.


You can't really tell, but she has her tongue sticking out of her mouth. That's some intense study!


Dayna copied the words from her story Bible onto her "notebook." She still needs some work on spaces between words and getting her letters going the right way...we figure we'll have to save something for Kindergarten!

I can't help but feel warmed down to my toes to think that she witnesses enough quiet time and Bible Study in this house that she feels it important to do it on her own.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OH.SO.PRECIOUS! thank you for sharing. :)