Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Almost Instant Dessert....Thanks, Joy (I think)

Last week, my dear friend Joy (and her family) hosted my family in their home for a few days. She introduced me to the most dangerous dessert...let me tell you about it:

1/4 cup cake mix (definitely chocolate)
2 Tbsp. water (mix with cake mix)
1 coffee mug
1 minute in the microwave

Stir a little caramel or chocolate sauce in for kicks.

I guess on the flip side, it's a great way to do portion control (unless, like me, you sometimes splurge and double the amounts in a LARGE coffee mug.)

These taste like the "Warm Delights" desserts you pay an arm and a leg for at the grocery store, only much cheaper, and they take approximately 75 seconds to prepare.

Hope you don't mind me sharing your secret, Joy :)

No comments: