Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Big Cover-Up

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. - Proverbs 10:12

You ever have one of those weeks...the kind where the love of your life can do nothing right? Where a series of innocent mistakes becomes an avalanche that's out of control? Is the world really going to stop spinning because he used the vegetable cutting board instead of the meat one? Or buying chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts? Or how about leaving for work with the carseat still in his car? You know...they're little, innocent things. Why then, did I let myself get so bent out of shape (in front of our daughter, no less)?

I could blame it on hormones, or being tired...but the fact of the matter is, I was sinning...knew I was sinning...and continued to wallow in my little pity-party while throwing hissy-fits all week.

Then this verse jumps out at me. Wow! I was seriously hating my husband. My job isn't to get my way...it's to help, honor and support him. And so...it's time to start the cover-up. Teach my daughter that mom and dad both make mistakes, but our job is to cover them up so the other person can shine.

So, thank you, Dan, for going to the grocery store and getting chicken. Thanks for cutting it up for me. Thanks for taking Dayna to the zoo on Thursday so I could get some stuff done around the house...even if it meant I didn't have a carseat on Friday.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Love you Alaina :)