Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Quiet Day

It seems that the craziness of Spring is finally cutting me some slack. I'm enjoying a day off with nothing to do! By 10:00, I had walked to the grocery store, made Rice Krispie treats with Dayna and cleaned the living room (including boxes of unsorted things from the bathroom pre-remodel...you know...stuff that sits in drawers, but you never do anything with it!)

Dayna has been so much fun lately while playing pretend. She had a blast at the grocery store this morning with her own pencil and "list." She was humming through the aisles, crossing things off...On the way home, she told me how much fun grocery shopping was. It must be because we weren't in a hurry, the store wasn't crowded, and we could just enjoy the outing. So...after the house was clean (enough), we pulled out her shopping cart and play food. I printed some play money, and off we went. What a fun morning. If only we had quiet days like this more often.

No comments: