Sunday, December 7, 2008

What's in a Name?

Wilson 24-15...what's that all about? Nine and a half years ago, Dan & I celebrated our wedding day. On that day, we made a covenant before God that we would be committed to each other for life. Let me tell you, while life has been mostly better, there's definitely been some worse (and Dan is a saint for putting up with it!) We've seen mostly richer (by the world's standards), but also had our times of poorer, living month to month. For the most part, we've enjoyed health, but sickness has touched our lives as well.

On that day, July 2, 1999, we claimed the following Scripture as the verse our home and family would be built upon:

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15)

When I became a Christian, I took on the name of Christ. While I am nowhere near the woman God has me to be, I try to be always aware of the name I represent when I call myself a Christian, lest by my actions I take the Lord's name in vain.

So, Wilson24-15 reminds me daily that when we got married, we chose to follow the LORD God Almighty, not necessarily the God of our ancestors (or the faith in which we were raised), but the God who has proven Himself to us personally in so many ways.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love the meaning in your blog name! Looks like you are off to a great start!