Saturday, December 6, 2008

Apple Pie

My mom always said I was born in the wrong generation. I enjoy the satisfaction of creating something, often without the help of shortcuts. Whether it's quilting, crocheting, cooking or baking. One of my favorite things to bake is any kind of pie. I laugh at the year I had to enter a pie in the State Fair using a refrigerated pie crust...not one week after telling my mother-in-law "I would NEVER use a refrigerated pie crust." Ah...the lessons learned and the pride that stings.

Anyway, this year I'm trying something new for Christmas. Instead of taking cookie plates to my neighbors (a noble thing...I love getting cookies from others; however, do we really need more cookies at Christmas?), I bought 40 pounds of apples in Nebraska City this year. I'm canning apple pie filling to take to them. We'll see how it goes...



I found this recipe online. I'll have to post later to let you know how everything worked.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1837,158189-230194,00.html

No comments: