Saturday, September 30, 2017

An Unsung Hero

All of us rub shoulders with unsung heroes. Those who are quietly changing the world by changing one life at a time. My sister is one of those heroes. A single mom of three (+ spouses). Grandmother of two. Teacher of low-income students. And a heart big enough to take in six more incredible kids who need a safe place to land. I don't know how she does it all and manages to keep a smile on her face. I do know God is the foundation that helps her keep all of those plates spinning. And her tenacious faith has had some pretty big ripple effects on the world around her.

This month, the world celebrated a Jubilee: 50 years of being a better place because of Karey. I'm proud to be your sister (even though I may not have appreciated it all the time when we were kids.) I love you, Karey!




A little gift for those moments she takes for herself.

No comments: