Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow Day

The day started like any other day. I woke up early because I couldn't sleep. The wind was making funny noises and something kept scraping our roof. I remembered that we were supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow (a dusting) and looked out the window out of curiosity. One look at the neighbor's covered car, and I knew there would be no school today.

I let Dayna sleep. She woke up about an hour later than usual in a panic because "I'm late for school!!!!!" I told her to come to my room and look at something. She must have opened her shades because I then heard the most gleeful squeal of delight. She came bouncing into my room chanting "snow day, snow day!"

She promptly came up with an agenda for the day:
 First we snugle. Then we snugle. Next we watch somting while snugleing then we eat breakfast.

She also liked my suggestion of painting our nails with "yes, yes, super yes, triple yes, quadruple yes, quadruple suger on top yes!"

I rearranged her order a bit and opted for breakfast after the first round of "snugleing". I told her I would make a fancy breakfast for her. She wanted the "fanciest thing in the world" and requested grits. Yes. Grits.

We followed up with our current Netflix movie, "Dolphin Tale", which (according to Dayna) she LOVED and GAVE 5 STARS! (She was quite dramatic and adamant about her love for the movie and even requested it for her birthday.) You can see here that all of her friends decided to join our movie date as well.


She also wanted to make thumbprint cookies. This is one of the first times we've baked together where she did the measuring. I must say...the cookies were really tasty.

Sorry, no pictures of my stylin' lime green toenails or her pretty purple ones. But...altogether, it was a wonderful day to spend some one-on-one time before we add her little sister to the mix. It was attention she enjoyed.

No comments: