Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lessons I'm Learning - Part Six (Celebrate)

Today, I'm celebrating small accomplishments. 2 days in a row of classes who are figuring out what is expected of them, and that if they follow those expectations, good things happen. I was able to scour the bargain bins at Target tonight to reward 2 classes. As soon as the other classes learned that they could get prizes (because yes...I've resorted to a form of bribery), they started to shape up. I even had a class earn 15 extra recess minutes because they pulled it together in music.

The icing on my cupcake today was seeing a former colleague after school at a 6th grade basketball game and getting a HUGE hug and the promise of continued prayers on my behalf.

Not to say that there won't be more bad days...I'm sure there will. But today, I'm celebrating the good.

No comments: