Friday, December 30, 2011

Running Blindfolded

I don't even really know where to begin this post. It has been a difficult few years, and I'm weary. There really isn't a better word for it than that.

God's been showing me that I'm in a race, and there's going to be a fork in the road. But I'm not there yet. Until then, I need to keep persevering and running the race. One foot in front of the other. (Hebrews 12) He's also showing me that I'm not racing alone. I'm surrounded by friends and family who are praying for me and cheering me each step along the way.

But some recent events have changed up the course. Suddenly, the race took a turn up a very steep hill.
Some large boulders were thrown in my path. The road is twisting and turning, and I didn't train for this. To add further difficulty to this race, I feel like a huge, dark blindfold has been thrown on me.
I have no idea what my life will look like on Monday. I'm sitting here with no answers, and it's dark and scary. My anxiety is through the roof. I don't know how to run blindfolded.

And my mom quietly reminds me that "even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." (Psalm 139:12) And so, I take hold of Jesus' hand and keep putting one foot in front of the other. It's still steep. And rocky. And hard. I'm slowing my pace and trusting Him.

1 comment:

Kari C. said...

Praying for you, Alaina! God is bigger than our path!

Hugs! Kari