Thursday, December 8, 2011

Referral Day!

Six years ago today, I was sent an email. "There's a little girl I think you might want to see" was the message from Tiffany. She was our case worker at All God's Children.

So I ran to the computer lab (these were the days before internet in the portables) and checked it out. I read through the details of a little girl, showing amazing self restraint at not going directly to the photos at the end.

This little girl was only 7 months old! One of the youngest referrals seen at AGCI. She loved to be held, and her favorite activity was music time. How could she not be my child?

With tears in my eyes, and a heart screaming "YES! YES! YES!" I scrolled down and saw this beautiful face:


She had ten fingers, ten toes, and three chins!!!!

So glad you're in our family, Dayna!

2 comments:

Paula said...

What a sweet memory! And such a sweet little girl.

Garey and Janiece said...

I remember the day we saw this picture for the first time ... our 6th grandchild!!!! Papa & Nana