Sunday, October 17, 2010

You Catch More Flies With Honey

You know...when you have a parent walk into your class without introducing themselves and pull a student, then you try to give that student useful information for next week's test, only to have that parent chew you out and follow it up with a scathing email about all your shortcomings as a teacher, misconstruing things that you said and did to fit their agenda...it kind of sets the tone for all future dealings with said parent, and possibly their child. Then, when you find out said parent is a fellow teacher...

Heaven help me from ever attacking one of my child's teachers like this...aren't we supposed to be in this together? I can't even fathom opening my mouth to tear someone apart that I want to be helping to build up my child.

I've always said that teacher/parents are the best ones to work with, as well as the worst. Thank you, God, for reminding me this week what kind of parent I want to be (and what kind of parent I DON'T want to become.)

No comments: