Friday, October 29, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

My best friend called me tonight. I really needed that. We first met 23 years ago in 8th grade science class...Carrie Van Daam (the new kid) was seated alphabetically in the back of the room next to Alaina Wood (the loudmouth). An unlikely and lasting friendship was forged.

We are now in very different stages of life, yet she seemed to completely understand some of the ups (but mostly downs lately) I've been experiencing. I realized as we hung up just how blessed I am to have a friend like Carrie...and to think of all that our friendship has experienced in 23 years, I'm even more blessed that she's stuck with me through it all.

After our conversation, I found myself reflecting and praying that Dayna finds a friend like that someday.

No comments: