Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeing God Move

A while back, I wrote of some discouragement I was facing in my Bible Study. We are studying the life of Moses this year, and Leviticus was getting long and difficult for some of the women in my group. Their discouragement was starting to pull me down a little as well.

Well, I can't say that Leviticus (or Numbers now, for that matter) has suddenly jumped off the pages for every member of my group, but I did see God move in an amazing way this week. As different group members are struggling with different issues of life and faith, I witnessed each young woman in my group reach out and encourage each other. I literally saw the unconditional love of Jesus being poured out for each other. These are women who, for the most part, didn't know each other 6 months ago.

These women are emailing each other specific verses of encouragement, inviting each other out to coffee to wrestle with their faith together...being the hands and feet of God.

I received a call this week from one of the ladies in my group who said, "I hope everyone in our group feels as loved and encouraged as I have!" As their discussion leader, I can't think of any greater encouragement I could have received myself this week.

I don't mention myself as the discussion leader because I feel like I've done anything to make any of this happen in the group. I truly saw God push me into the background on Monday as He told me to buckle my seatbelt and hold on for a great ride. As I sat back and watched 14 women just loving each other, I couldn't help but thank God for bringing each of these very different women into my life.