Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 20

April 20 was a tough day. I knew it going in, so maybe I was a little better prepared. It was actually a great day for me - but a hard day filled with many questions for some people I dearly love.

We were coming off the one-year anniversary of the death of one of Dayna's friends. Emotions were high, and prayers for Grant's family were close to my heart all day.

One of my little guys from my BSF class (10 months old) was having his second major surgery reconstructing his digestive tract and bowels.

And a 16 year old girl whose family is so close to my heart was having a long-awaited kidney transplant. (This sweet girl was blessed enough to have not one, but TWO parents who were a match for her - but over the last year or so, both parents were diagnosed with a rare form of kidney cancer that was only found because they were going through donor testing.)

So I was armed for battle. Dressed in the armor and prepared with a prayer plan. Three families under enormous pressure. Two children undergoing surgeries that are almost unfathomable for their ages.

And boom - on Sunday morning, I got an email. My sweet niece who is expecting her first baby is in the hospital. It looks like preeclampsia, and the baby may need to be delivered at 26-27 weeks. It was a dangerous time for my niece, delivering the baby could save her, but what about the child?

Oh, my heart was in a million pieces. I had people praying for me so I could pray for others. I'm in tears now just remembering. I must say - I don't know that I have ever felt so much power in prayer as I did that day.

I'm proud to announce that my little guy is safely home and has no further restrictions on his little body!

And this sweet girl with her new kidney - went home yesterday. Nine days after transplant. She has the summer to recover before starting her final year of high school. Her recovery has been nothing short of a miracle at the hand of God.

I look forward to the day when there is no more pain. No more illness. No more death. No more tears. But until that day comes, I'm honored that I had a glimpse into the Kingdom of God as He allowed me to intercede in prayer on behalf of these wonderful people.

No comments: