Tuesday, March 31, 2015

What do I do with Blessings?

I'm studying the Life of Moses this year in BSF. Those Israelites. In 40 years, they just haven't learned. They keep wandering and complaining. Usually about the food.

I get it...40 years of eating nothing but manna. I suppose if I ate nothing but sushi for 40 years, I might get tired of it. I'd probably complain, too. But this manna...it was a perfect gift provided by God in a miraculous way. Day after day. It was nutritionally complete, and I'll be it tasted exquisite. After all, "Every good and perfect gift comes from above."

But the blessing of manna had become commonplace. They found fault with it. They grumbled and nagged and complained.

So the question was asked of me, "what blessing has become commonplace in your life that you take for granted?"

Ouch. You mean God's perfect gift for me? The one I see day after day?

Praying I never stop viewing this man as a blessing, and that he never becomes so commonplace to me that I don't appreciate him.


No comments: