Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Words

Words. They can be a balm to the soul, or they can be a dagger that cuts to the heart. In the last 24 hours, I've been on the receiving end of both. And truth be told - I'm pretty sure I've been the giver of both as well. Studying Moses, I realize just how dependent he was on the Lord to give him the right words. And how faithful God was to provide. I pray that my words would be the kind that bring God glory - that whatever my opinions would be, I would only share them if they are God's thoughts first and foremost. I pray that He would guide the words that come from my lips, or out of my fingers. I pray that my words would be measured - that I would share only what is necessary and refrain from empty, useless conversation. I was reminded of the passage in James the other day that talks about the tongue being a restless evil, and oh how true that is.

So my prayer is:

"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."


Psalm 19:14

No comments: