Saturday, November 30, 2013

Grace

Have you ever done something really stupid? Yup...I did exactly that. Wasn't thinking. Complete lapse in judgment. Intentions were good, outcome was not. Consequences really stink. Relationships need mending.

I'm sitting here licking my wounds, a little hurt that grace was not offered. I took responsibility. I'm working to make things right. But no grace.

And then I think of all the times I lack grace when others hurt me. Ouch.

So here I am, God. Grateful for the grace You've given me. Praying that you would give me a heart of grace toward others. Praying that You can mend what I have broken.

Reading in the epistles this week, that phrase "grace and peace" just keeps coming back. On my iPod, Fernando Ortega is singing "Grace and Peace."

And so I take a breath. I thank God again. And I put myself humbly at His feet.

No comments: