Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to School

Yup...it's started. A little later than usual this year. My first "back to school" dream. The kind where I wake up overwhelmed with all the things I need to do to make my classroom "just so." Only this time, I didn't immediately switch on a light and start making lists and dreams and plans.

I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Someday I will again have the drive to invest hours of creativity into developing the perfect classroom environment...with cute nametags and innovative plans for fostering cooperative learning. I'll enter that building and smell the freshly waxed floors and see the rows of empty lockers just waiting for coats and backpacks.

But for now, I'm feeling pretty blessed to have one more year. A year where I can focus completely on my girls. A year where I can still step into a classroom, without the added pressures of staff meetings, lesson plans, etc.

And I'm so grateful right now for all those teachers whose back-to-school dreams are reality. The ones who are staying up late and making cute nametags and developing innovative plans. The ones who even now are investing in my kids and yours.

No comments: