Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On the Road Again

I confess, two things today brought me to tears. The first was when we found out that our hard drive is irretrievable. That was a really, really, really tough pill to swallow. We're getting it back, and hopefully in a few years retrieval capability may improve and we may rescue those pictures yet. In the meantime, we've contacted families we traveled with to see if they have any pictures, and there is another family leaving next week for Nanyang. We've requested pictures from them as well (of the orphanage and around the city.)

But since there's nothing left to do (except maybe feel some regret), I suppose I need to allow myself to move on.

Which leads me to the second thing that brought me to tears. I laced up my shoes and ran again today. This was the first time since my injury at the end of October. I'm 20 pounds heavier since the 5K I ran in September...partly due to my eating habits, but a lot to do with the fact that I haven't been able to do much moving. I spent 2 months on crutches with no weight bearing. Now, after 4 months of physical therapy, one major setback, and a 3-week trip to China (which included a lot of pain), I have been cleared to run.

So I booted up a great playlist and created my own mix for week one of Couch to 5K. They weren't great intervals, and I only ran the first 6 today. But still...I ran. I think the only time I've ever felt this good about a run was the half marathon. In a way, I've trained 4 months for today's little outing, just like I trained 4 months for the half.

It's good to be on the road again. So, I ask...what are your favorite songs on your workout playlist?

No comments: