Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Feeling Very Blessed

The past few days have been quite a whirlwind of emotions. On Friday, Dayna and I spent the afternoon with my dear friend Mary Ann and her daughter (my heart sister) Maralee, along with an assortment of precocious grandchildren. This family has allowed me to be an honorary member of their clan for years, and some of the grandkids even believe that Dayna is their cousin! The afternoon spent sipping tea, sharing our hearts, and watching the kids play felt like a Benediction to our family before we travel and grow.

Over the weekend, I attended my final BSF leaders meeting. The women in the circle prayed over me. Some gave cards and gifts to help our family. It was a tearful goodbye as this season (10 years in the Omaha evening women's class and 6 years in the leaders circle) is coming to a close.)

Yesterday, a dear friend brought her sweet boys (both from China) and helped me get a jump start on packing. Having been there twice, she's an expert on what to take and what to leave behind. (And I dare say, having 2 boys, she was having a bit of fun going through little girl clothes and accessories....wondering if those 2 boys might be destined for a little sister someday...)

And last night, 2 of my friends "stopped by" Chick-Fil-A on their way home to bring us dinner. (Of course, they don't work anywhere near Chick-Fil-A, which is in a different city altogether, and NOT "on the way" to where we live.) So in the midst of packing and sorting and cleaning, I had one less dinner to worry about. We also enjoyed the conversation (and of course, a few cups of tea).

I'm so blessed to have the friends I do, and I don't take any of these kindnesses for granted. Today is shaping up to be a quiet day of laundry, folding and finishing a baby quilt. The calm before the storm!

No comments: