Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back at 2012

It's been an unusual year...one I can definitely say I didn't see coming. Looking back, here are the highlights (and lowlights) of 2012.

January: learning to trust God as my teaching assignment was changed midyear and I had to depend on Him entirely.

February: trying to get my feet underneath me in my "new normal"

March: going to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for BSF Leader's Retreat and finding spiritual refreshment for my weary soul.

April: celebrating Easter with a Chinese family at church who became dear friends.

May: making some decisions and saying goodbye (for a time) to teaching after 13 years.

June: sorting through the pieces and finding new routines with my family.

July: a wonderful family vacation to Oregon and San Francisco; seeing high school friends after 20 years.

August: canning, canning, and more canning as I was waiting for substitute jobs to start.

September: planning, planning, and more planning for the MKMEA Fall Conference.

October: MKMEA Fall Conference after 3 years of preparation; thoroughly enjoying substitute teaching, seeing our sweet Annie's face for the first time.

November: recovering from a nasty ankle sprain and enjoying my first Thanksgiving with my parents since the mid-90s.

December: still hobbling along and enjoying every moment of the Christmas season with my family; finishing final paperwork for Annie.

2012 started with a lot of uncertainty but is definitely looking up as we face even more changes in 2013.

No comments: