Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cape Kiwanda

We also got to spend a beautiful day in Pacific City. I have never spent much time here and was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was without being a huge tourist draw. A particular treat was eating at the Pelican Pub and Brewery. Amazing fish and chips and some pretty tasty brews as well.


Mom, Dad & Dan were enjoying another kind of view.

Meanwhile, Dayna & I worked to make a sandman.

Looking across the Pacific to where our sweet girl waits for us.

Dayna, Dan & I somehow made it up the HUGE sand dune.

Dayna has been checking out books about tidepools all summer. We saw many sea anemones.

But the real treat was getting to see this starfish under the rock right before we left. Dayna LOVES starfish right now, and I really wasn't sure we would see one. In my heart, I was trying to figure out how to console her when this little guy showed up for us. Thank you, God!

No comments: