Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Best Medicine

I came home feeling completely miserable. Nasty head cold and a fever. I knew this morning I shouldn't have gone to work, but report cards were due today, and there was really nothing I could do. So I left sub plans for tomorrow, called someone in, and left all my work at school feeling no guilt whatsoever.

Now I'm home and in my jammies. The electric blanket is turned up, and the remote controls are close at hand.

But these things aren't making me feel better...no, the best medicine would be my Dayna. My sweet girl who made me a bread and butter sandwich and put a tea bag in a big mug (I had previously filled it with hot water) and brought everything in to me on a tray. I must say...I'm feeling better already.

(But I still think I'll stay home tomorrow.)

No comments: