Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Control

For those of you who know me, this probably isn't a huge surprise. I like to be in control. I hate conflict. If I can resolve a conflict, I will. It will cause me no small amount of anxiety, but I will try to find a solution. I will lose sleep (not necessarily by choice, but when you're an insomniac, it happens) until it is resolved.

Earlier this summer, I got some news. The news stinks. It's not good for myself or the other music teacher. Ultimately, it's not good for students. The two of us involved tried every which way to resolve the situation. We spent hours coming up with a solution...and it was a pretty good one, too. But the solution was rejected. Flat out ignored. We're reeling, losing sleep, getting angry and feeling betrayed. Numerous emails have been sent, they are read and left unacknowledged. We have tried to arrange a meeting, to no avail.

So our summer continues with no resolution, and the school year is about to start. We're already stressed, and the passive-aggressive nature of the person involved who has the authority in this situation is driving us crazy.

Please pray for me that God will work what I can't...and if He chooses not to, that He will give me the strength, stamina and creativity to proceed (with a good attitude).

No comments: