Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey's in the oven, Dan's parents are almost here, and the house is as clean as it's going to get.

So, I have a minute to sit down and wish my friends and family a happy Thanksgiving. This has been a tough fall, with a lot of adjustments to our family. To be honest, a heart of gratitude is something I've really struggled with this year. But I'm so thankful that God understands, and that my situation isn't coming to Him as a surprise. I'm thankful that He continues to love me in my weakness and longs to shape my heart and attitude so they conform more to His will. I'm incredibly grateful to my patient husband who has stepped up and picked up a lot of the pieces that I simply can't keep up with anymore. I'm thankful for Dan's family and my own who find practical ways to help and encourage us.

But most of all, I'm so incredibly thankful for Christ and His sacrificial love for me.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: