Sunday, August 22, 2010

Full Speed Ahead

It has been a crazy, crazy, crazy two weeks. Have I mentioned that it's been crazy? I can't say that we've settled into a full-time routine yet, but I must have the most amazing husband in the world. He hasn't said a word to me about my preoccupations and general distractions since I went back to work. He's quietly made sure dinner gets put on the table and laundry gets done throughout the week. He's kept Dayna entertained and on task when necessary. He's spent his day off setting up my classrooms and sticking velcro on whatever I need velcro stuck on. (Yes, I ended a preposition, that should tell you where my mind is at. Oops...I did it again!)

But school is going well. I have a learning curve in my new building. Little procedural things like how I get copies made, how to procure supplies like a stapler and pencils...these things will take time to navigate. The staff is wonderfully friendly, and I haven't noticed any major student behavior issues. My new building does have a high percentage of non-English speaking students, and I need to learn to SLOW DOWN when I talk. I have always been a fast speaker, and in my attempt to start the year with enthusiasm, I think I've overwhelmed some of my kiddos! My familiar buildings seem to be humming along nicely. However, I'm exhausted and wondering how in the world I'm going to keep up with all my responsibilities.

Keep praying for my priorities and balance. I'm hoping that once I get my feet underneath me, I'll land upright and be able to find that balance.

1 comment:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Glad everything has started off well!