Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Highlights (and lowlights) of 2009

January: After a difficult end to 2009, the chance to start over.

February: Attending the BSF retreat in St. Louis, coming home (exhausted), and while snuggling with my baby, hearing her ask Jesus to be her Savior.

March: A long weekend trip to the Amana Colonies for a quick spring getaway and chance to see dear friends.

April: Losing my grandmother in the midst of the stress of a bathroom remodel, but also getting to spend some unexpected time with my sisters and mom.

May: Celebrating Dayna's birthday, motherhood, and 3 years with our sweet daughter.

June: The marriage of my oldest niece and birth of my youngest on the same day.

July: Ten years of marriage to my best friend.

August: A new school year with an incredible new principal.

September: The start of another great football season.

October: Having a greater appreciation of my husband and single parents as Dan took on seasonal work at the pumpkin patch, allowing me to take a greater role in keeping the home front humming.

November: Watching Dayna's generosity grow from $1 to over $1,000; giving up one scone to become 4,000+ meals.

December: Christmas in Oregon and the wedding of Dan's brother to sweet Holly.

No comments: