Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Missing Him...

Dan just left for a 3-day business trip. It seems weird that I miss him already. I truly do miss him, but I wonder how much of this is a little bit selfish that he's not around the next few days to help hold down the fort. Then I think about how incredibly selfish that really is when I think of my friends whose spouses are deployed for undetermined amounts of time, and they spend months holding down the fort with limited contact. So...here's to my military friends. I love you, and thanks for serving, whether you wear the uniform or not.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thank you my friend. You know, God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called. We are called :)
He'll be home before you know it :)
And so will mine. On Thursday it will be 2 months since he left! Yahoo...2 down, 7 more to go!

Nancy said...

if it helps you any, i can most certainly understand you missing him. i really, truly miss herb, too, when he travels. he's usually gone from monday - thursday. i'm so thankful that he's home on wknds and can worship with me on sundays.

it can be very hard being a single parent to 5. some days, i feel completely drained. it's sad to say i've actually gotten used to my husband being gone so much, but i sure don't enjoy his absence. he travels half the time out of a month. sigh...but alas, somone's gotta make the big bucks to feed all our hungry mouths.

dan will be back before you know it!!!! your little sweetie will help fill the void...i'm sure. :)