Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10 Things I Love About My Husband (in no particular order)


1. His unconditional support of my working part-time outside the home. He finds money for me to travel to conferences, and often accompanies me to those conferences. He writes piano accompaniments for my programs. He goes shopping with me for school supplies and gets out his power tools and computer expertise to find ways to make my classroom experience easier.


2. His helpful spirit in our home. We work so well together. What takes me 3 hours to accomplish seems to only take 20 minutes when he's helping. Floors get mopped, dishes get done, laundry gets folded.


3. His work ethic. This was something I always admired about my dad. I'm so thrilled to see it in my husband as well. It seems the man never stops. He leaves for work shortly after 5 am, returning shortly after 5 pm. He finds projects to do at the house. On his day off, he traipses around town with the family going grocery shopping and to Sam's Club.


4. His sense of humor. Dry. Very punny. We love the same movies and television shows. One of us can simply say a few words from a favorite scene, and we both erupt in deep belly laughter. Every time.


5. He's an amazing Daddy. Dayna has been Daddy's Girl from the beginning. He knows when to wrestle and play, but also when to be authoritative. He can get Dayna to take on responsibilities and think they're a game. Just last night I saw her toodling up and down the sidewalk on her tricycle while he was working in the garage. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but could tell that they were just "visiting".


6. His talent and knowledge of music. He'll hear a piece of classical music on the radio and identify it's key, composer, form and which movement we're hearing. He's usually right. He listens to the same music I do (which is a wide variety of genres) and is usually in the mood for the same kind of music I am. I love to play duets with him, and we don't do that nearly often enough.


7. His eyes. 'nuff said.


8. His do-it-yourself mentality. Most of our home repairs, car repairs, toy repairs, etc. are done by Dan. He doesn't always know how to do a project, but he will research it until he does. Very few things are hired out to professionals.


9. He complements me. My weaknesses are balanced by his strengths. When I have nothing left to give, he steps up to the plate.


10. His faith. Definitely the most important one on this list. His faith is unwavering. Solid. Quiet and unassuming, but uncompromising. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like my husband, which makes him dependable and approachable. His faith is not a secret, and many people are drawn to him who wouldn't talk to other Christians.


I love you, Dan!

1 comment:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I think our hubbies are a lot alike! Including being able to identify music!