Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God Laughs

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 1 Peter 3:15

I had an appointment this morning, but not the kind of appointment I was expecting. Yes...it was time for my annual exam. You know...the "I'd rather be having a root canal without anesthetic than be here" appointment.

So while I'm sitting there in all my glory, falling out of that skimpy little gown, the conversation turns to a former student (daughter of one of her colleagues). We both attended her graduation party in May. For her guest book, she had a wide-margin Bible where guests could highlight a special verse and write a message. We discussed what a great idea this was. The conversation quickly turned to the book of Isaiah and how hungry my doctor was to dig into the Word.

She shared that she recently turned a corner in her faith and wanted to go deeper into God's Word. Mind you...I'm sitting here mostly undressed in a vulnerable position when she asks if I've ever heard of this Bible study that's "three letters" and "takes seven or eight years." It was in this precarious position that I shared about Bible Study Fellowship and invited her to the intro class in September.

I must say...it's the most unusual place I've ever had a deep spiritual conversation.

I can still hear God snickering as I remember the verse to "always be prepared."

No comments: