Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Aldi Meal Plans

We're just starting out a crazy train ride that will last about six weeks. Dan has jumped in with his engineer getup and is driving the train at the local pumpkin patch again. The same day the patch opened, a friend of mine had a darling baby boy. I was asked to be her long-term sub until she returns in November. This is a great opportunity to earn some needed money (and it's pretty fun, too! Who would have thought I'd enjoy first graders all day every day instead of teaching music? But they're a great group of kids, and the other teachers on the first grade team are amazing!) On top at that, I have three full afternoons/evenings of piano lessons each week.

This took some creative planning and preparation. I've been seeing the Aldi Meal Plans in my Facebook feed, and thought I'd give them a try.

Sure enough, for less than $150, I have groceries, recipes, and food in my freezer for over five weeks (when I account for nights of leftovers or eating at the pumpkin patch.) And most of the meals have been family approved. The chili was particularly good, as was the homemade spaghetti sauce.

I'm looking forward to trying some of their other plans in the future. (But maybe not too soon in the future! I'll need some time to catch my breath next month.)

No comments: