Thursday, March 7, 2013

On Your Mark, Get Set...


We got the go ahead to travel to China yesterday. It's been a crazy 24 hours. We were originally told we could choose between leaving April 3, April 10, or wait until May. None of those options seemed very good to us. Almost a month until we get to leave!?!

So, a bit tongue in cheek, I responded that my first choice was March, but if I had to choose between the others, I'd take April 3.

I was surprised to get a somewhat quick response that they would see what they could do to give us a March departure.

We were called this morning and told they could fit us into an "atypical" travel schedule, possibly with 2 other families. We won't be eligible for group discounts, and we'll have to stay 2 extra days. But...we can leave on March 16 and return on April 3 or 4.

We weighed the options...if we go early, it's about $500 more. If we go later, it will be about $500 more (because we'll be there during the Trade Show.) Seeing that it's a wash, we opted to go earlier and stay 2 extra days.

So here are where your prayers come in. We can't book tickets until we have a confirmed appointment at the US Consulate. That can take 1-3 days. If it comes tomorrow, we can book our tickets and still have over a week to spare. If not, we're not booking tickets until a few days before travel, and that may likely increase our airfare considerably. So, prayers are appreciated for a confirmed appointment TOMORROW, that we can get everything done in the meantime, and still enjoy each other's company by the time we get on the plane. It's going to be a crazy 8 days.


Paula said...

I'm praying for you! :)

Garey and Janiece said...

More prayers than you can imagine going up!