Thursday, March 14, 2013

All the Tea in China

When I was packing almost 7 years ago to go to China, I called my mom and asked what kind of tea I should bring. I'm pretty picky about my tea. I knew that it would be an emotional trip, and I could use the comfort of a familiar cup of tea.

My mom told me in no uncertain terms that I was NOT to take tea with me. After all...I was going to China.

It turned out that every day the hotels we stayed brought us brand new bags of tea every day. I couldn't read the writing, but they very definitely bore the Lipton label.

Being the tea snob that I was, I promptly found a tea shop and the "real" stuff. And my mom....well she got several bags of Lipton tea as a souvenir.

Guess what, Mom? The tea's in the bag...3 kinds of loose leaf with an infuser and tea bags. I think I'm set!

And I'll have to find something other than Lipton for you this time!


2 comments:

Garey and Janiece said...

Hey ... it was an honest mistake! LOL I still have some of my souvenir Lipton tea from China. Have a cup of Lipton in China for old times sake!

alainaw30 said...

Dan had some Lipton for you this morning. I stuck with Tealightful.