Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Control Freak? Me?

So, if you've followed my blog, you might notice that I have a nice, tidy 10 posts per month. You might also notice that toward the end of the month, my posts can be pretty short and trivial. This month, I think I've done 8 blog posts in 5 days to make up for the shortfall the rest of the month. I was reflecting on this part of my character this morning on my way back to work. Pathetic, I know.

Well, this part of my temperament came out this morning. I found out that one of my subs before Spring Break was a dream. The other did not follow my plans at all, but rather had the students color pictures and do word search puzzles. Not exactly my idea of quality music education. However, I need to release control and not get too upset about it.

That is, until I see that she used my expensive printer paper (rather than the provided recycled manila drawing paper...for the lesson originally provided). Almost an entire ream. What did they use to color with? I don't have markers in my room? Oh, wait...I used to. She went through my private supplies and had kids use whatever they could find...Sharpies, dry erase markers, overhead pens, you name it. Then, they threw all the markers back in the basket. WITH THE LIDS OFF!!! For two weeks. To top it off, they used the individual white boards for a hard surface to use when coloring. Imagine Sharpie pens bleeding through on all my white boards. First graders! Little kids with permanent markers!

Okay, so am I entitled to be a *little* bit of a control freak over this issue? I guess I'm locking up my personal supplies from now on. (Did I mention the 50 or so broken pencils?)

AARRGGHH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to be upset. That is terrible! Sorry this happened. You can let the control freak out on this one. :)

Pamster said...

Good gravy - what an irresponsible sub. When you put all of that together, that screams not ready to be in charge of a room full of young children. Much less, teach them some music. I'd be ticked off too.