Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Signs of Spring

After a long, long winter, it's been pretty fun this week watching the thermometer rise. My bulbs are coming up (I thought I'd lost them all when our basement was waterproofed last spring and all the dirt around the foundation was moved) and the temperature outside is warmer than the temperature inside for the second day in a row. I saw a pair of cardinals on my long-neglected bird feeder a few days back. Even now, I'm listening to the giggling voice of my daughter as she scampers around the backyard gathering sticks with her dad (little does she know that it's considered work by most people.)

And yet, with all these signs of spring, nothing gets my blood flowing and toes tingling quite as much as the first load of laundry hanging on the line. (Here's to you, Aunt Sharon...miss you tremendously!)

(No, these are not our clothes...didn't think you'd all want to see the Wilson laundry...we'll just make our neighbors take in the sight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes ... I am so thankful Sharon reintroduced me to "scratchy towels" and that I have her much loved clothes line here in Oregon (though using it will have to wait for the rains to pass). Love you ... Mom