Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Friends and Neighbors

We met some incredible new neighbors last spring. The kind who are down-to-earth, funny, unpretentious, iron-sharpening-iron, solid in their faith, our kids adore each other, drop off random cupcakes/bread/coffee cake/whatever suits our fancy, stop and have a cup of afternoon tea together, "can you pick up my kid after school" type of neighbors. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. In the short time I've known them, I've become a better person - and I can say the same about the rest of my family.

Last month, they received some rather startling news. I can see in the long run how it's actually a really good thing. But the result is that they're moving to North Carolina next month. That ripped my heart out to type just now. Just when we started developing a great relationship and picturing the next several years of our girls growing up together - they're leaving.

I'm so insanely happy for them and this opportunity. But is it okay for me to act a little petulant and pout for awhile? I hate saying goodbye.

I just wonder who God will put in our path next - and pray we can be the kind of neighbor to the next family that they've been to us.

No comments: