Friday, September 30, 2011

Overwhelmed

Today was one of those days where my to-do list was so long, and the things on it were critical to be done today. I was overwhelmed and honestly had no idea how it would all get done.

So in my morning prayer, I asked God to help me accomplish only what He wanted me to do today. By 9:00 am, I had completed a huge chunk of what I was responsible to do. There's still a lot to be done, but without returned emails, my hands were tied. I had an incredible amount of peace about that.

It was a good day at school. (See previous post.) The pinnacle of the day was running into friends at the pumpkin patch. They had never been before, so Dayna and I had fun playing tour guides. Their son David even got to ride in the front of the train with Dan.

So, I didn't accomplish everything on the list, but I'm going to bed now with a content heart and memories of a day well lived. (I can even rest easy knowing I made it to 10 posts this month...with 2 1/2 hours to spare!)