Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Winning the Skirmish

I've long been convinced that since there seems to be no earthly value or good in crabgrass, it must be one of the consequences of the curse.

So, as I pitched yet another battle with this not-so-ornamental groundcover in my back flowerbed this morning, I couldn't help but send thoughts out to Adam and Eve while doing my own share of gardening this morning. Of course, my thoughts weren't exactly charitable or kind. Then, to confirm my suspicions of crabgrass being part of the curse in that original Garden, a sneaky, ugly snake made his way across my path.

I really have no deep spiritual thoughts about this subject...I suppose I could have spent more time praying and less time muttering to the crabgrass and snake. I will say, I may not win the war, but I have won today's skirmish with the crabgrass.

Now...what to do about another one of my garden creations that seem to have no earthly value....

No comments: