Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reaping and Sowing, Part 3

Here are some excerpts from email conversations I've had today with The Raining Season. This is the organization in Sierra Leone fighting for those precious children in a horrible orphanage situation. We've been praying for some time for Dayna to have a heart of generosity...this is what has happened:

Hello,

We've been following the situation in Sierra Leone through your blogs for over a month now. Our hearts are breaking for these children, and yet we're so excited to see how our Lord is going to rescue these precious little ones.

Our four-year-old daughter, who was herself once an orphan in China, has spent the last 48 hours "planning a trip" to Africa. She has a suitcase packed and is ready to "take food to the children in Africa." We're not quite sure why she picked Africa, as we talk a lot in our home about the children in China, but she is adamant that she is flying to Africa today :)

Her grandparents occasionally send her money to buy scones at church on Sunday mornings. She just gave me one of her scone dollars to share with the boys and girls in Africa. Her father and I would like to add to her dollar. Could you tell me if you have a program that is specifically for food? If not, please put this money to whatever program you feel most needs it. I will be printing this email and sending it with our money today. Thank you for intervening for the cause of the orphan.

Bless you all.
Dan, Alaina & Dayna Wilson
P.S. I'll be taking her to the zoo this morning so we can "visit" Africa :)

Alaina,

Your email made me cry while reading it...it came at the perfect moment...we have spent the last 48 hours in constant negotiations over these kids and I was feeling as though it was time to give up...(just being real)...then I received your email...it reminded me that so many are watching...so many are praying...even the littlest ones...and we cannot stop fighting till justice prevails for all of these children. Your daughter is a precious soul...how amazing to feel such a tug of the heart at only 4 years old...my hope is that she will one day be in Africa!! Hopefully with The Raining Season!!

I will make sure that her donation makes it to our center and goes towards the food for the kids. I'm sure God will take her donation and multiply it many times over because of her giving!

Thank you so much for your support! It means the world to us...I know together we can "Save the Orphan"..even those in countries as dark as Sierra Leone...

By the way....Would you mind if I posted your email on our blog? I think it would really minister to those part of this rescue...

Have a great time at the zoo!

Erica

Dan shared this story with a co-worker who added $10 to the pot. How amazing to see Dayna's dollar multiply in such a huge way. God is good.

1 comment:

Holly said...

My heart is full.
What a blessing Dayna is...and YOU are her examples.
Big hugs,
Holly